PROVEN STRATEGIES FOR REVOLUTIONIZING HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS "If I had to sum up this book in one word, the word would be 'brilliant'! This is one of the most insightful books on TOC, not just for healthcare, that I have ever read."
--BOB SPROULL, author of The Ultimate Improvement Cycle: Maximizing Profits through the Integration of Lean, Six Sigma, and the Theory of Constraints Performance Improvement for Healthcare: Leading Change with Lean, Six Sigma, and Constraints Management
lays out an integrated approach for using three improvement methods that have proven to be the most effective way to transform hospital operations in terms of patient outcomes and experience, financial viability, and employee satisfaction. This pioneering guide presents a strategy for managing bottlenecks, eliminating waste, reducing errors, and containing costs in healthcare organizations, as well as sustaining the gains achieved. Real-world case studies illustrate successful performance improvement implementations that have realized breakthrough operational and financial results in the U.S. and abroad.
The book is an in-depth guide for healthcare leaders and includes topics such as:
- Assessing your organization's readiness for adopting a best-of-breed performance improvement strategy
- How to deploy an integrated performance improvement program and get far better results than with traditional methods
- Using Constraints Management to identify leverage points and break constraints that exist in all healthcare organizations
- Building a program that consistently meets milestones on time and on budget
- How to begin thinking at the system-level of complex healthcare organizations and target high-impact opportunities
- Preventing common issues with sustaining improvement initiatives